Sony VX1000/VX2000 or Canon XM1/XL1. You could save money by buying them used.
Hey guys. I'm just getting started in film and I am looking for a Mini DV camcorder that suits me. I am willing to spend anywhere from 1000 - 1500 bucks Canadian on a camera. I know it's not much, but thats all I can afford at the moment. Any experiences or opinions will help. Thanks alot!
Sony VX1000/VX2000 or Canon XM1/XL1. You could save money by buying them used.
Canon XM1 looks exactly like GL2. Is that just a different name for the same product there in UK?
What is the difference between GL2 and XL1, other than the lack of LCD, and color viewfinder.
Thanks man. Anyone have any other ideas/knowledge about a camera in this price range?
I was checking out prices for the Sony VX1000/VX2000 and they're both quite expensive. I think theyre over 2000 American which is a bit over my price limit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Canon XM and GL range are the same exept that the XM is the European version (ie PAL) and the GL is the US version (ie NTSC). There is now an XM2 (and a GL2 in the states) which is an improved and updated version of the XM1.Originally posted by o2pb:
Canon XM1 looks exactly like GL2. Is that just a different name for the same product there in UK?
What is the difference between GL2 and XL1, other than the lack of LCD, and color viewfinder.
The XL1s (newer version of XL1) is a different Canon camera that has an interchangeable lens. It costs a lot more than the XM2 and from what people say the XM2 (as it is a more recent camera than the XL!s) actually has a better picture quality than the more expensive XL1s - so it's only worth it if you are going to want to be changing lenses.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 26, 2004 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>
What are some good sites to buy used cameras? I need shipping to North America by the way. Thanks.
Hey,
I bought a Sony TRV 740 two years ago for $1400 Canadian. It works well, and is a great camera to learn on. It shoots Digital8, so it saves a bit of money. But they are phasing out D8 and so you may want to go for a similar Sony MiniDV. But I recommend getting one of the sony shotgun external mics. It makes all the difference in terms of sound. Good luck.
And generally Costco and Visions are the best places to in terms of price and selection respectively.
Ok thanks alot man.
Bookmarks